Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Free Video Sharing To End?


Could the future of free music video sharing be nearing an end?
Last year this Blog reported that 2006 would be a boom year for video blogging, and by golly we've seen that boom with the explosion of websites like YouTube. But could the sharing of music video's be nearing an end as Universal Music has filed lawsuits against two video-sharing websites, one owned by Sony Pictures.
The two websites are Bolt.com and Grouper could be the first in a long line of companies with YouTube and MySpace in the firing line for allowing music video's to be shared for free.
Looks like the explosion could leave us with nothing for free!

3 comments:

  1. it would be a great shame if it was to end...virtually everyone uses these sites now and it is a great way to see things that you missed/weren't able to see

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited when I first checked the blog that I didn't see this post :$ , even though I have never known how to post a youtube video on my blog I always use it to watch some videos of my fave artists which I'm not able to find on their forums. Sooner or later this had to happen but I think in the end these sites won't disappear because it will happen the same that happened with napster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't want to pay for watching stuff.

    Yet watching video's like the Peter Bjorn and John video I posted recently, has promted me to buy several products by the group - so ultimatly free services like VideoCodeZone.com and YouTube help.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...