Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Fate or Destiny

Following on from yesterday's news about the Ryton car plant closing down, with the loss of 2,300 jobs. I was thinking back to March last year and a blog post I had made:

http://robmacca.blogspot.com/2005/03/job-search.html

I'd actually applied and passed the test to work at this very factory but after my successful interview, I'd forgotten to give any contact telephone numbers so they couldn't actually tell me when to start. Was that fate or destiny, because by the end of that week they announced 400 jobs were to go. Now 13 months later the whole factory is to lose their jobs, and I would have been one of those people out of work.

Thankfully things worked out for me as I got back in at Royal Mail, after 6 months away.

Sometimes we don't understand why things happen but the picture eventually becomes clearer and we can look back and be grateful for the way things turned out...................

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...