Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"The Enemy" Storming Charts


Coventry's music sensations "The Enemy" are taking the UK singles chart by storm this week with their first chart eligible single from their forth coming album "We Live And Die In These Towns". Here at robmacca we reported the band are touring the country working their socks off promoting "Away From Here".


According to early indications, the single could enter the Top 5 on Sunday based on physical sales alone - not bad for a first single!

"Top 5? How come they are so popular suddenly?"


This was a question asked on a forum, and the answer is down to the fans buying the single and the band working so hard, mixed with good promo. I've got about 16 copies on various formats, which might sound excessive but I'm hoping this local group makes it big and I may well sell some copies on ebay or give them to friends.

My copies of the single

I was a bit annoyed because I'd bought the limited edition Stiff records format (10 copies), having been told only 1,000 copies were being printed. I thought they would be individually numbered like the last limited edition "It's Not OK". But now I find out they are not numbered and it seems they are printing more copies. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

1 comment:

  1. WOW top 5 with only physical sales!!! :O

    Don't feel angry 'cos of the special edition thing mate.. remember sometimes they prefer a better chart position and I'm sure a lot of people are thankful 'cos they can get the limited edition version.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...