Friday, March 31, 2006

Life as a Postie - Part 2








You may remember my blog topic the other day about how good my life as a postie is: http://robmacca.blogspot.com/2006/03/life-as-postie.html

Well, as with everything in life there is always a flip side - and today I experienced that. Not only did I get out about an hour later than normal because of the volume of post and the job cut backs, but I almost got bitten by two dogs that escaped from a house. The boxer and the Labrador were barking at me and the boxer tried to bite my ankle and my arm but thankfully not seriously enough to break the skin. I just stood still waiting for the owners to get the dogs under control, thinking that this is just one of the hazards of the job. It wasn't long before I was off singing again and trying to avoid being stung by the bees that seemed to be out in force on this warmer spring morning.

At least now you can get a more balanced view of my life as a postie!

4 comments:

  1. I don't envy you! I once did a stint myself one Christmas when I was at 'The Lanch'- certainly NOT as easy as it looks.......

    Have a great weekend!

    Leone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leone, Glad someone understands! - hope your weekend goes OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, sorry to laugh,but I've always thought it was just made-up that dogs attacked mailmen, but now I know it's true!!!!

    glad you were ok though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fact that most work injuries at Royal Mail are down to dogs.

    Even on Saturday I had some dog jumping up at me from behind, while the owner shouts out:

    "Don't worry he doesn't bite"

    Not quite what I needed to hear as I hoped I wouldn't get bitten on my bum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...