Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Violence


I was driving to work about 04:15am yesterday and saw two guys fighting another guy in the middle of the road, it shook me up because I felt powerless to stop them. Yet my conscience wouldn't let me just go past and do nothing, so I phoned the Police and reported it. Thankfully they already knew about it and knew the exact location and were on their way to stop this cruel violence.
What was equally worrying was a postie friend at work got beaten up as he walked into work. A car pulled up and 3 men got out and beat him up for no reason whatsoever.

Violence is an act that can leave lasting physical scars and emotional scars on those who are at the receiving end. They say we live in a civilized world, yet where is the sense in kicking someone's head in?

Ok rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...