Thursday, December 08, 2005

Love Update

After travelling about 160 miles to get to Brighton, I had the dilema of how it would all work out. Alex didn't know I would be arriving to sort things out. I didn't know if we would even work things out!
It was now 18:30 on the Saturday and I text Alex to find out what he was doing etc............... but I didn't get a reply and I was already outside his Uni campus building. I was going to say in my next text that we needed to talk and then tell him I was outside - but because I'd not had a reply to my first text I couldn't do that. I sat for 30 mins just waiting for a reply, then - to my surprise Alex walked past with his friend. I waved and he just waved back and carried on. It turns out he hadn't recognised me.
1. It was dark
2. I had a hat on
3. He wasn't expecting it to be me.

Now I was worried he was ignoring me so I rang his mobile and said "Don't say hello then" and said I was there. "Where?" replied Alex "behind you on the floor you fool!"
He looked behind and suddenly clicked it had been me waving and he came running towards me.

Travelling half way across the country for a face to face talk to iron out our problems worked. Swollowing my stubborn pride and Alex being totally honest paid off - it was not time to end something so special so soon.

Love really can screw us up and it can also make us do things we wouldn't normally do but at the end of the day, if love is true then it will endure along the lines of 1Corinthians 13...................

(Get your Bibles out and read that fantastic chapter sometime!)


Anyway, I'm here in Brighton until Sunday and I'm glad the love we had has been ressurected and brought back to life - hopefully we will both learn something from this hurdle we have had to get over.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you boys could work things out. You really are a ballsy man rob - cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pete for your support over the past few weeks - You and Catherine phoning me all the way from Australia and giving me words of comfort helped over the "low" spots I hit recently.

    You have no idea how much of a lift you guys gave me and I am so grateful for your words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO SHITTING WAY!!!! DO YOU KNOW THAT I'VE BEEN READING 1 CORINTHIANS 13 for the past several weeks, to try to help myself love others the right way??!! and now I just see that you mention it here. not to make this a religious post, but God makes wonderful things happen sometimes, just like how he's put the same phrase into both our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it must be just for you then because up until the moment I was typing I hadn't thought of 1Corinthians 13 at all.
    So how's that for a confirmation!

    Spooky!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...