Saturday, April 23, 2005

Return of the Postie


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


After 6 months away from the job, I am returning to my true vocation in life.

I have spent my time wisely learning something new but in the meantime I took stock of my life and questioned my goals and what makes me happy. Even though I have excelled at the Contact Centre and I am on course for promotion, I have realised that being a postie is the job I want to do for the rest of my life.

Some people are suited to telling others what to do or to rising as high up the ladder they can go , but for me I just couldn't do that. I've discovered that I am at my happiest when I am doing what I am told. Yes , it means the money is less and it's a "lost" opportunity but being a postie is what I am happiest doing.

I took a break to try something new but I wasn't so stubborn to go back to what I know is best. The 9-5 hours suit normal people but I'm far from normal and although every job I get they want to promote me, I've discovered that ahead of success is TRUE happiness. Why be a "teller" when being a "doer" brings the greater satisfaction?

Watch this space for more updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...