Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Now That's What I Call Music 1 Re-Released on CD


Do you remember when Now That's What I Call Music Vol 1 came out? I was a spotty school kid who had just sold his music collection to raise money to try and save my school from closure, so the teachers bought me NOW 1 as a thank you.

Twenty five years later the NOW collection is still going and the original has been re-released on CD. The original came out on 10th December 1983 and sold 900,000 copies with the series selling over 75m in the UK and Ireland.

I think I'll be ordering mine from HMV, just to have a blast from the past and enjoy the cheesy 80's hits all over again............. (alas my school closed a few years after I left!)

Disc 1:
1. You Can't Hurry Love - Phil Collins
2. Is There Something I Should Know - Duran Duran
3. Red Red Wine [edit] - UB40
4. Only For Love - Limahl
5. Temptation [edit] - Heaven 17
6. Give It Up - KC & The Sunshine Band
7. Double Dutch - Malcolm McLaren
8. Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler
9. Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
10. Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
11. Too Shy - Kajagoogoo
12. Moon Light Shadow - Mike Oldfield
13. Down Under [radio edit] - Men At Work
14. Hey You The Rocksteady Crew [1983 recording] - Rocksteady Crew
15. Baby Jane - Rod Stewart
16. Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) - Paul Young

Disc 2:


1. Candy Girl - New Edition
2. Big Apple - Kajagoogoo
3. Let's Stay Together [edit] - Tina Turner
4. Keep Feeling Fascination - Human League (The)
5. New Song - Howard Jones
6. Please Don't Make Me Cry - UB40
7. Tonight I Celebrate My Love - Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack
8. They Don't Know - Tracey Ullman
9. Kissing With Confidence - Will Powers
10. That's All [edit] - Genesis
11. Love Cats - Cure (The)
12. Waterfront - Simple Minds
13. Sun And The Rain - Madness
14. Victims - Culture Club

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...