Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Glastonbury 2008: Sunday Review

Barn Dancing - one of the many attractions @ Glastonbury

Sunday - Newton Faulkner / Jack Penate / Scouting For Girls / Neil Diamond / Goldfrapp

Glastonbury Pics: HERE

A lazy start to the day with a walk to the Jazz World stage for even more rest before trying to watch Newton Faulkner at the crowded Other Stage. His simple guitar playing and humble attitude was a pleasure to watch, even if I couldn't hear him very well because I was so far away. eventually I left the crowds and grabbed a view from the road behind and stayed there for Jack Penate and Scouting For Girls. It was a view from the bushes but it was crowd free and I liked that.
Scouting For Girls @ Glastonbury

Jack Penate was another down to earth musician that was lapping up the privilege of performing in front of thousands at Glastonbury. Crowds had shown up in their thousands once again as the sun shone through broken clouds from time to time. Scouting For Girls livened up the Glastonbury faithful with a string of hits and got everyone joining in their especially written Glastonbury song 'See You Next Year At Glastonbury'. Perfect timing to go and join my friends as we packed up our tent and headed one last time to the Pyramid Stage.

Neil Diamond was belting out the tunes and it looked like capacity crowds were watching as well as singing along to his classic tunes. I was even joining in during 'Forever in Blue Jeans' as I marvelled at the sight before me. The final act we saw at Glastonbury was Goldfrapp, who seemed a strange choice for the main stage but proved their worth as they captivated us in time with their hits.
Goldfrapp @ Glastonbury
Time to head home and reality, but it was a funny end as I got home at 02:15am to find myself locked out, having to get my sleeping bag out and spend the rest of the night on my doorstep. Now I've got the Glastonbury bug and can't wait for Glastonbury 2008 - no matter who headlines, the festival is more than any one artist.

Scouting For Girls - Heartbeat @ Glastonbury

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...