Sunday, July 27, 2008

Countdown: Carol Vorderman 'Forced Out'

Carol Vorderman and Des O'Connor on Countdown

More details about Carol Vorderman's surprise departure from Channel 4's 'Countdown' have been revealed in the media . Claims that Carol was 'forced out' by bosses have been printed in the News of the World. "The show survived easily without Richard Whiteley and it will survive easily without you." Carol was told as she was given just 48 hours to take a 90% pay cut as programme makers faced cuts in their budget.
"To be honest, I loved Countdown so much I was thinking of taking the cut. In fact, in the right circumstances I'd have done it for FREE—but it was obvious they wanted me out." Carol told the News of the World.
Her agent rang her while she was in the dressing room on Wednesday telling her, "I don't know how to tell you this, but I've just had a letter asking you to take a 90 per cent pay cut." Carol told us: "It was non-negotiable, take it or leave it. I was shocked."
Carol had spoken out following rumours claiming she had greedily demanded a HALF A MILLION POUND pay rise and the main presenters job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...