Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My Computer is Dying................

Sadly my PC is finally on the way out and I may not be able to save it this time. I have had it since January 1998 so it is in need of replacing (4gb of memory is nothing !). The PC has survived many attempts to kill it off in the past from trogans, worms and many other viruses that lurk in cyber space but could it be old age that is finally killing my machine?

The last virus attacked MSN messenger and I had to unistall then download the newer version (7.0), but I know the virus is still hiding in my machine trying to access the net using my machine. ZoneAlarm is doing a good job at stopping it and Norton can't remove it so my machine's hard drive seems to be giving up.

Now my free space is down to virtually zero and my PC has become very unstable, closing programs all the time and taking forever to load web pages - there looks like a good chance I will be online less and less over the coming days.

But I will keep trying and if I can not resolve the problems , I will have to buy a new PC some how..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...