Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Enemy: Kasbah Gig In Coventry

Here are a couple of pictures and videos of The Enemy as they performed at Coventry's Kasbah music venue to raise funds for Alexandra Emery:

The Enemy @ Kasbah, Coventry
Tom Clarke

Liam Watts


Andy Hopkins

The Enemy performed their final gig of 2008 back home in familiar territory in front of the Coventry faithful as they helped raised much needed funds for Alexandra Emery. Their was a festive feel about the gig and it seems everyone was up for a party as almost 1,000 turned up to show their support for this worthy cause.




Tom Clarke, Andy Hopkins and Liam Watts gave the crowds just what they wanted - the anthem tunes from their debut album and some new tracks thrown in as a little Christmas present!



I was feeling in a party mood as I had a houseful of Enemy fans from around the country stopping over for the gig. Instead of finding a safe spot to stand, I got into the thick of it and just enjoyed myself. The bodies of crowd surfers, the loss of my camera batteries, the moshing, the sweat - they all reminded me why I love gigs, why I love The Enemy and why I love Coventry.



Security did a stunning job of looking after the crowd surfers, and even in my drunken state I could see how professional they were. I could also tell from Andy and Tom's face (I couldn't see Liam without my glasses!) that they were happy to be back home, performing at the Kasbah (formally The Colosseum).



It was another great night out and an honour to be a very small part of something so worth while.





The Enemy - "This Song" - Kasbah, Coventry


The Enemy - "We'll Live And Die In These Towns" - Kasbah, Coventry

Set List:

Away From Here
40 Days And 40 Nights
Checkout Girls
Pressure
Technodanceaphobic
Had Enough
Aggro
We Live And Die In These Towns
It's Not OK
This Song
-------------
Elephant Song
Jane
Sing When You're In Love
You're Not Alone


http://www.theenemy.eu/ - for the latest news on The Enemy

3 comments:

  1. It was a top gig, I'm so glad I was there on the morning of 1st Nov to get my tickets, I'll remember this night for some time. Most the crowd surfing was skinny teenagers, until my mates decided they were going to crowd surf me...41yr old 13 stone, I still got the bruises where the security grabbed me to take me off, but they were sound. So funny. mind you I'm just a big kid anyway. Was a great night!! Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun Paul - I bet I saw you pass overhead (I was slighly drunk as well). Sounds like you enjoyed the gig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I got tickets, saw them at festivals this year and am always blown away by their show, I can't wait for the new album and seeing them again live in 2009

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...